I wrote this little "diddy" about a year ago when talking to short-term missionaries who had just returned home from overseas. I think it's funny because somewhere in time we [short-term workers] all had at least ONE of these expectations which, I feel, is unfortunate.
I planned in out so fervently
Lord, let me tell you how it's gonna be
I will save the world and evil will fall
You're being glorified through me after all
While I'm serving as your faithful warrior, you'll introduce me to my soul mate overseas
We'll serve together with earnest and vigor while the lost around us fall on their knees
Churches will be planted and leaders will grow
My language will be immaculate, don't You know
Oh yes, when I get there the people will see
They haven't been waiting for you Lord, they've been waiting for me!
Mandy
August 2007, Murrieta Hot Springs, CA
1 comment:
Ah, I'm sure most people who hear this will feel it's uncomfortably true!
Post a Comment