While visiting MM I met a gentleman, ZZ, who began telling me about his life. He told me about the financial situation he and his family are in. He explained to me that I was his first customer of the day and he was so excited that he would be able to take something home to his wife tonight; it was 9pm. As we talked he became extremely emotional and said, “Some days I just want to die so I don’t have to see my family suffer this way.” My heart broke for this man and I got really choked up but kept the tears from falling by asking more questions about his life. (The tears fell when I got back to my hotel.)
Tonight, I was thinking about him. I remembered last summer when I was struggling and didn’t know how to put into words my thoughts or feelings, and just wanted to die, my brother emailed me and his words were simple. He said he didn’t know what to say so he gave me the words to a song. I did a little research on that song and found that it is actually a poem and someone set the middle portion to music. This poem is my prayer over ZZ. My heart is aching for him, his family and the others suffering in MM.
Part the Waters
Knowing you’ll love me through the burdens I must bear,
Hearing your footsteps lets me know I’m in your care,
And in the night of my life, you bring the promise of day.
Here is my hand.
Show me the way.
When I think I’m going under, part the waters, Lord
When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea,
When I cry for help, oh, hear me,
Lord, and hold out your hand
Touch my life, still the raging storm in me.
Knowing you love me helps me face another day.
Hearing your footsteps drives the clouds and fears away.
And in the tears of my life, I see the sorrow you bore.
Here is my pain.
Heal it once more.
Father in Heaven, you alone know the suffering of the people of MM. You alone know how to heal the hurt and wounds felt by my friend ZZ. Lord, my prayer is that he will come to a saving knowledge of you and will truly KNOW that you love him through his burdens; you are the one who walks him through every day. Lord, I pray that he will put the idols and false gods behind him, see you for who you are and begin to rest in your arms. He feels like he is going under, Lord, reveal yourself to him! Show yourself! Part the waters! Father, he doesn’t know that you care. He doesn’t know that anyone cares! Oh, Lord, may your will be done in the lives of these people so totally ignorant of who you are. I lay ZZ, his family, and the whole country of MM at your feet. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment