
And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.” ~ Luke 2:13-14 (NASB)
“Off to one side sits a group of shepherds. They sit silently on the floor, perhaps perplexed, perhaps in awe, no doubt in amazement. Their night watch had been interrupted by an explosion of light from heaven and a symphony of angels. God goes to those who have time to hear him”—and so on this cloudless night he went to simple shepherds.”
--Max Lucado
When was the last time I sat “silently on the floor, perhaps perplexed, perhaps in awe, no doubt in amazement” at God, all around me?
When I read this quote by Lucado I began to ponder what it would take to get me to sit, in the middle of my daily routine, be silent and still, and listen to Him speak. It took “a multitude of the heavenly host” for the shepherds. But what about me? I mean, unlike the shepherds I have a personal, intimate relationship with the Savior of the world. Unlike the shepherds, who were part of history in the making and couldn’t fully grasp all they were seeing, I have the whole story laid out in front of me - but I don’t take the time to sit and meditate on the words, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.”
This Christmas I am determined to sit down, be still, be silent and listen as God reminds me of all he has done, shows me all He is doing, and prepares me for what He is going to do in my life. I am willing to bet that once I get silent and still there will be perplexity, awe and, no doubt, amazement as I draw nearer to my God.
My prayer is that you too, will take time this Christmas, apart from the hustle and bustle of the yearly “to do” and sit in amazement at your God & King, Immanuel.
Mandy
No comments:
Post a Comment