This poem is a little “scatter brained.” but, when we’re walking on this journey, aren’t we often “scatter brained” when talking with the Lord and following the ebb and flow of life and faith? Well, at least I am.
A Talk on the Journey
You have given me words that I may praise your name.
You have given me words to pray that I may have peace in you.
You have given me words that I may speak because I believe.
Oh God, my God, I cry out to You! I need you in every breath I breathe!
You have allured me.
My curiosity brought me to the edge and You walked with me into the
The lush green life and the rain were exactly what I needed.
My food and my drink became stagnate.
I left the wilderness, asking You to stay behind.
You came with me.
The desert seemed endless.
I tried to drink but the water was like sand to me.
Where was my fountain?
You were there all the time.
“Why am I empty?”
“Why am I hungry and thirsty if you are there?”
“Why are you just walking and not helping?”
“Why am I so afraid?”
Wait! The water is beginning to taste sweeter..
Look! Something green is growing in the distance...
No comments:
Post a Comment