Friday, October 31, 2008

Trip Beginnings

Aaron, Cheryl's husband, is taking us to the airport in about an hour. I'm starting my blog for the trip now so that I have to stay accountable to writing throughout the trip. I won't promise a lot of pictures throughout the next three weeks because I won't be taking along my own computer. However, I will add pictures when I'm able.

We leave Denver at 6:30 pm and have a five hour layover in San Francisco. This calls for a little exploring before we take off to Asia at 1:00 am.

If people want to lift up the beginning of this trip on our behalf here are some requests:

1. Safety (that's a normal one but we don't want to take it too lightly)
2. I will be checking one bag that has nothing but "stuff" for workers in Asia. It would be nice if everything is still there when I arrive in TH and if the bag does not get lost!
3. Good fellowship between Cheryl and I as we travel together
4. Good time between the Father and me (we will have a lot of time together on the plane)
5. Comfortable rest/sleep during our travel period; neither of us have "stopped" for a few weeks
6. A girl in my BS last night reminded me that I need to "Be still...."some advice from King David; I really need to take that to heart.

Well, I just got a phone call and my ride to airport is on it's way here. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: