Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ephesians 3:14-21

Journal Entry: November 5, 2006
Re-written as a prayer: Ephesian 3:14-21

Father, you have created me in your image. In your image I will praise you! Father thank you for your Spirit and the strength that rests on me. Teach me to take the strength you have given me and use it for your glory. Father, may there be a burning passion inside me to know you more, to understand you the way you understand me. At the same time Lord, give me patience to be still and take in the love that you long to lavish upon me. Father, through all of this may this small mind begin to grasp the greatness and fullness of who you truly are, that I may praise you with my being. In Jesus' name I pray...

I still don't think I completely understand how to just let God love me, his way. I'm holding on to too much! I want to be broken but I keep trying to figure out how to get there. Basically, I'm trying to break myself, not allowing the Holy Spirit to break me!

This is tougher than I thought but I will be victorious in this struggle because the Lord is on my side, loving me through it all!

No comments: