Saturday, June 09, 2007

Summertime & Swim Tanks


This week has been so beautiful in Colorado! I have to say after the treacherous winter we had I am definitely singing praises to the Lord for the beauty of this spring/summertime weather and blue skies!

The other day, I was driving with my windows down and my old school country music blaring; I started laughing and then a few elephant tears rolled down my cheeks. It was nice and hot that day (not a lot of humidity, though, PTL) and all I could think about was running and jumping in Papa Willie's tank! (that's what some of you would call a pond) Oh, the hot summer days of my youth in TX; when I was bored I would put on my swimsuit, hop in the back of my brothers old red Chevy and we'd drive down to the tank with a group of friends, or sometimes just by ourselves. My brothers would fish and I'd jump in the water or get on a tube and let the sun beat down on me while the fish would nibble at my toes. Those were the days! There were evenings when we'd take a group of people from the church to the tank with us and we'd swim for a while then the men would grill hamburgers and hot dogs and we'd have a prayer time or Bible Study. I loved swimming out there at night; I'd lay on the tube with my head in the water just watching the sky (a favorite past time of mine). I could go on and on forever, but I won't. I only wanted to share the memory because it was so close to me this week.

I'm heading back to TX in August, I'll savor this memory until I get home and then...repeat reality!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy,
It is so funny to read that, because I have similar memories and miss them as well!!!
Miss you lots!!!
It is so wonderful to read your blog!!! I am both proud of you and inspired by you!
Lots of love,
Cecilia