I'm not posting pictures from our trip on my blog b/c this isn't my computer. However, Cheryl is posting our pics on her blog. Check them out at www.ceichy.blogspot.com.
We definitely are "moving right along" (Who can tell me where that phrase comes from? You'll get even more credit if you can give me words that go after the phrase...too bad we can't do tunes on here too.)! We have been in Bangkok (BKK) for less than 24 hours and are on our way out again.
Our time in Central TH was really wonderful. That was my first time in the area and I must say it is really different from the big cities I am used to traveling to. First of all, very few people actually spoke English, which I assume is why all long-term workers for our company go there to learn the Thai language. Everyone there is Thai; you don't really see any hill tribes or minority peoples. There are monkeys everywhere! Apparently there is a strong Buddhist connection to the monkey.
We attended a once-a-month prayer meeting with some workers. We prayed for 4 hours. It was so great to be able to really listen to the struggles and the praises of the workers. I felt like I got an inside look at what they were going through personally and in ministry. Later in the day we visited one of the three Youth Houses in Central TH. What a neat experience! For the first hour or so we just sat around and asked a lot of questions of the workers. Then we participated in a time cell group with the students. There was a time of praise through song and then there was a time of worship through Bible Study. A Thai student led the study. He has been trained on how to study and how to the teach the Bible! Awesome! I don't have a clue what he said but I know he did a good job! From one Bible teacher to another, I loved that he opened up a map and gave background on the people that Isaiah was talking to. He also gave background on where the people were in the their walk with God, etc. I was very impressed and also burdened. We need to see more of that among our students in the US today.
We drove to BKK yesterday and that was an experience in and of itself. NASCAR was all I could think about the whole time we were driving and let me tell you, this wasn't nearly as safe! We did get pulled over for speeding and the driver had to pay 300 Baht but that didn't stop him! We went even faster after we got away from the police!
We spent the evening with a US family. It was good to get to know them and to spend time understanding their ministry. It is slow growing and they will need more workers to bring in the harvest for sure. However, their faith is strong and they seem to excited about the opportunities the Lord is giving them. I pray they will see the 25 new workers they are praying for by 2014! You pray too!
Well, I need to leave you now. Here's a new verse that the Lord has given me to meditate upon that I would like to share. I share this because I think I am in this place and I know many others who are as well; it is not always a comfortable place but it always a good place to be.
Psalm 25: 1-5~
To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. O my God, in You I trust, do not let me be ashamed; do not let my enemies exult over me. Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed; those who deal treacheroulsy without cause will be ashamed. Make me know Your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day. ~ Psalm 25:1-5 (NASB)
1 comment:
"foot loose and fancy free"
The Muppet Movie, of course! :D
("Send someone to fetch us, we're in Saskatchewan")
Glad to hear things are going well; we haven't forgotten about you over here! Pax!
Post a Comment