I had a much better time in PK (that's all you're gonna get on where I was) than I had anticipated. Although I had my moments, I must say that all-in-all it went really well and I have a new respect for the field that I actually think I may have lost the last time I was there.
I am realizing tbrough all that I have been through these past few days that I struggle with the sin of pride. I didn't realize that was such a big issue with me but I know that it is and last night I had to really give it over to the Lord. It can be a huge spiritual blocker in all walks of life and ministry. I'm sure that I will have to battle it again in the future, maybe even today, but I know now that my pride belongs to the Lord and I will know when it shows itself to me that once again I must give it back to God.
We head back to the States tomorrow morning. I didn't think I would be, but I'm really glad to be going home. This has been a non-stop three weeks and I need to process a lot about the fields I will be working with, about my own role in this ministry, and about the experiences and lessons faced while here. There's a high possibility I'll go back and read all the blogs I wrote and wonder, Wwhat in the world was I thinking when I wrote that?" :-)
Anyway, I don't know how many have been reading this, but thanks for letting me pass the info and thoughts along to you while on this journey. Some of it, I'm sure, has not been too exciting for you to read, but there have been a few of you who have commented and told me you would pray and for that I am utterly greatful.
I'll leave you with the scripture I have been meditating on:
Psalm 73:25-28
Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For, behold, those who are far from You will perish; You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to You. But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works. ~Psalm 73:25-28
1 comment:
Thanks for taking us along on your trip!
Post a Comment