Tuesday, November 04, 2008

On the Road Again

Well, it's 7:37am and we're about to head to the train station for our next adventure! We have had a good time in CM getting to know some of our co-workers from overseas. We've also had a good few days to get over jet lag so we're prepared to meet all the workers we come across in the next couple of weeks.

Yesterday we went up to Doi Sutrep, the key Buddhist temple in the city. We prayed on the way up there for spiritual covering and I definitely felt it. PTL! I was heartbroken as I walked around the temple praying, especially because I saw so many people, tourists mostly, participating in Buddhist rituals that they didn't even realize were truly spiritually dark. Since the majority of them were being shown how to perform the rituals correctly I would assume they weren't true Buddhists. Don't they know what they are doing? Is the spiritual realm real to anyone these days? (I can't go on about this...it hurts too much).

In the midst of all of that I was thinking deeply yesterday about my vision and God's vision and whether or not they actually line up. What is God's ultimate vision...to see the multitude (uncountable, mind you), worshipping Him. (Rev 7:9) But is that my vision? And why do I lose focus of God's vision so easily, especially when I have dedicated my life in service to Him? I think I am going to write my vision down, what is it really? I need a mission and vision for my life, one that is put in words which I can come back to on a regular basis (when I lose focus because I'm such a sinner). I'll work on it while I'm on this trip. Being in the midst of spiritual darkness may shine some light on my vision and God's vision for me. If I get a rough draft started, I'll send it your way and maybe you can give me some input.

Be Blessed.

No comments: