I know that I'm sensitive, but I don't think I realized the depth of my sensitivity until this morning. Last night I had two very strong nightmares. I remember them both VERY vividly, even now. I won't describe them because it's not worth getting others upset. However, as I was talking with a long-term worker in Phnom Penh this morning she thinks it was due to my visit to Tuol Sleng yesterday. At first I didn't think that was the case but after thinking about the nightmares and what they were about, yes, I believe that might be the case. I am almost afraid to sleep tonight. You can lift me up in prayer regarding this, if you think about it...I know I'll be praying quite a bit before I go to bed tonight.
I was also thinking about Tuol Sleng and the Killing Fields of Cambodia and had a lot of "what if's" in my mind about that. But, a long-term worker from Phnom Penh made me think a little differently regarding the "what ifs". She was talking about something completely different, but she made me think about God and his love for the Khmer people of Cambodia. Every single one of those people that were killed He loved, even if they didn't know it, and He had numbered their days exactly even before they were born. When you look at the pictures of those who died asking a lot of questions like, "Why, God?" we tend to forget that is not a question we have, nor need to ask. Because He's God and that settles it. He loved those people and He knew when they would enter this life and when they would leave it - and how. This is something I may never fully get my head around, but I don't have to; He's got it figured out.
We left Phnom Penh this morning and have arrived in Singapore about 2 hours ago. We head out again early tomorrow morning but then spend two days back in Singapore before we go home. There are only 8 days left; pray for us, we are very tired and Cheryl is especially missing her husband.
The last time I was in our next destination I can't say I had the world's greatest experience. So, I have felt a hardness already come over me that is completely uncalled for, especially when I am going to be with different people and will be staying in a different city. Would you please pray for a softening of my heart and my thoughts? I continually give them to the Lord but tend to take them back just as often. I want to arrive tomorrow waiting on God and what He has planned for me to learn in that place.
I won't be able to write while I'm at our next destination but I'll post more once I get back to Singapore.
Also, please pray for my friend Erika. She had major surgery on her foot yesterday and will be in the hospital for a little while. Pray for a quick and healthy recovery so she can be up and walking again soon.
2 comments:
Sorry your camera bought it. :<
Will pray for you on your next leg, that it goes well, and you know the Lord's blessing.
Mandy, if you're checking this, I remember a time in Argentina when a friend experienced some horrible nightmares after leading worship and singingv in a couple of churches in the Buenos Aires suburbs. In both cases God was powerfully worshipped and people's hearts touched. Clearly the enemy was very angry with his presence there. Both nights I prayed for him and specifically asked God to drive any evil spirits from the room and our presence and also to send his angles to surround him and protect him from the enemy. I made it clear the enemy had no authority there and the presence of the Holy Spirit in our hearts had all authority. The attacks ceased after the second night, which itself was much les severe. I will pray and urge you to pray immediately if you sense any attack whatever.
With you,
Bill Mullen
Post a Comment